Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins By Amy Stopnicki
This sweet treat is a great muffin to have for the kids as an after-school snack or even for breakfast. Double the recipe and freeze them so you can take them out as needed. They thaw in 10 minutes or so.
Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
Makes 18 muffins
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
½ cup canola oil
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons baking powder
½ cup apple sauce
1 cup water
2 gala apples, peeled and finely diced
3 tablespoons margarine
1 cup flour
½ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream eggs, vanilla, sugar and oil until mixture is light.
3. Add dry ingredients, apple sauce, water and apples and combine well.
4. Pour batter into paper-lined muffin tins, filling them 2⁄3 of the way.
5. Meanwhile, combine all streusel ingredients until they achieve a sand-like consistency.
6. Pour 1 tablespoon of streusel mixture on top of each unbaked muffin.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the tops are slightly golden.
Enjoy these alone or with a hot cup of tea.
Recipe and photo from Kosher Taste by Amy Stopnicki/Feldheim; April 2016