Salt more than just your walkway this National Margarita Day (February 22nd), with these Margarita cocktails, made with Tequila Don Julio. Created by Los Angeles mixologist Jason Bran, they are sure to make your celebration extra special. Cheers!
La Puebla Margarita
1 1/2 oz Tequila Don Julio Reposado
1 oz Fresh Grapefruit Juice
1/4 oz Fresh Lime Juice
3/4 oz Raspberry Agave Syrup*
Vanilla infused Maldon Sea Salt**
Top with Soda Water
Grapefruit Peel for Garnish
*To Prepare Raspberry Agave Syrup
Combine 16 oz filtered water, 16 oz agave and 16 oz fresh organic raspberries in a pot and heat on low until desired flavor is reached (about 30 minutes). Strain through a fine strainer and allow to cool.
**To Prepare Vanilla infused Maldon Sea Salt
Mix 2 vanilla beans with 8.5 oz Maldon Sea Salt in an airtight container and let sit in a cool dry place for a minimum of three days.
1. Combine Tequila Don Julio Reposado, fresh grapefruit juice, fresh lime juice and raspberry agave syrup into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well.
2. Strain contents into a rocks glass over ice.
3. Top with soda water.
4. Garnish with a pinch of vanilla infused Maldon sea salt and a grapefruit peel.
Tequila Don Julio Signature Margarita
1 1/2 ounces 100% Blue Agave Blanco
1 ounce Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
3/4 ounce Agave Nectar Syrup
1. Combine Tequila, fresh lime juice and agave nectar syrup into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake Vigorously.
2. Pour contents into rocks glass.
3. Squeeze fresh lime into drink.
4. Optional: Garnish with salt
Ideal Serving Glass: