Edible gifts make the best of gifts, like this Peppermint Crunch Popcorn. Mix popped popcorn with candy-coated chocolate pieces and a decadent mix of McCormick® peppermint extract-flavored white chocolate. Top it all off with red and green sprinkles, let the chocolate harden – and get gifting!
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- 6 cups plain popped popcorn
- 1 bag (12 ounces) candy-coated chocolate pieces, such as M&M’s®
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
1 tablespoon red and green sprinkles
- Mix popcorn and candy-coated pieces in large bowl. Line large shallow baking pan with wax paper. Set aside.
- Melt white chocolate as directed on package. Stir in peppermint extract. Pour over popcorn mixture. Toss to coat evenly. Spread in single layer in prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with red and green sprinkles.
- Let chocolate cool and harden completely. Gently break into clusters. Store in airtight container or package in cellophane bags with festive ribbons for holiday gifting.
Test Kitchen Tip: If using microwave or store-bought bagged popcorn, toast popcorn in oven before coating with the white chocolate mixture. To toast, bake popcorn (without the candy-coated pieces) in large shallow baking pan in preheated 350°F oven 5 to 10 minutes or until popcorn is crunchy. Mix toasted popcorn with candy-coated pieces. Continue as directed in recipe.