Get ready to brag! You’re about to claim that you make the best Chicken Buryani on the block. You may not have ever made anything like this before, but it is sure to become a new family favorite.
Don’t be afraid to spice up your routine. This dish is packed full of delicious flavor from the fresh chicken, spices, yogurt and raisins – especially perfect when paired with with a piece of warm Kontos Indian-style Kulcha Nan Flatbread.
Here’s how to make it:
1 Package (5 pieces) Kontos Kulcha Nan (sliced, warmed)
8 Oz. Basmati Rice
1 Tsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
2 Medium Onions – Chopped
6 Shallots – Chopped
4 Garlic Cloves – Finely Chopped
2 Tsp. Fresh Ginger Root – Grated
2 Chicken Breasts – Thinly Sliced into Strips
1 Tsp. Chilli Powder
1 Tsp. Ground Cumin
2 Tsp. Ground Coriander
1/2 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp. Ground Turmeric
1 Pinch Nutmeg – Grated
3/4 Cup Plain Yogurt
2 Tsp. Sugar
4 Handfuls Raisins
- Rinse and soak rice in temperate water with salt for ½-hour, then drain.
- Cover rice with cold water (1-inch over the top of the rice) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook until water has been absorbed.
- Heat oil in frying pan, add onions, shallots, garlic, and ginger. Sauté until golden-brown.
- Add chicken and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the remaining spices and stir for 1 minute.
- Add yogurt and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add sugar, raisins and par-cooked rice.
- Cover pan and continue to cook over very low heat for 10-minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve with warm slices of Kontos Kulcha Nan.