Make any weekend special with a brunch or luncheon at home making this French café-style dessert and save time, by using ready-made, All-Natural, French-Style Crepes to make traditional Apple-Cherry Crepe Purses. This recipe brings together the delicious combination of apples, cherries, a light, delicious crepe and powdered sugar.
Apple-Cherry Crepe Purse
2 Kontos French-Style Traditional Crepes
3 Granny Smith apples, cubed and stewed with a dash of cinnamon
2 cans of cherry pie filling
½ teaspoon of butter
Navel orange peel
¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
Mint leaves for garnish
- Cut the apples into small cubes, stew lightly with a dash of cinnamon.
- Drain stewed apples, mix with one can of cherry pie filling.
- Warm the mixture in a saucepan or in the microwave.
- Open your second can of cherry pie filling and lift out cherries. Set the cherries aside for garnish.
- Cut a thin orange peel strip from your navel orange peel – making the strip as long as possible – set aside.
- Warm your Kontos French-style crepes in a lightly buttered skillet for one minute each side.
- Lay each crepe flat. Arrange apple-cherry filling in center of crepe and bring up edges of crepe to center.
- Pick up edges of crepe, twist gently to enclose filling.
- Tie the orange peel strip around the crepe to form a purse.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar; garnish with four or five cherries and mint leaves.
Note: Double or triple the recipe for larger parties. For an extra-special treat, try drizzling with caramel sauce or top with a dollop of whipped cream.