In pursuit of presenting fresh, informative, and trendy food topics to the kosher consumer, the Joy of Kosher editorial team embarked on a seven-day food journey through Israel to discover the best of what Israel has to offer. Here’s one of many delicious recipes they discovered:
Chaba-Style Amba Gnocchi
Adding the amba to this classic Italian dish adds a level of spice and exoticness which makes this dish unique and almost curry-like.
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup sliced onion
½ cup sliced tomato
1 package gnocchi
2 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon amba
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch of black pepper
Parmesan cheese, to serve
1. Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
2. In a saute pan on medium heat, heat butter until it melts.
3. Add onions and saute until translucent, about ten minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and cook for three minutes.
5. Add gnocchi, salt, and pepper and saute for two minutes.
6. Add heavy cream and amba and cook until cream reduces and thickens, about five minutes.
7. Serve with Parmesan cheese and basil microgreens (or chopped basil).