Celebrity Chef Michael Symon adds some spice to a favorite fall recipe with Knob Creek®Rye for some mouth-watering wings. The’re sure to please a crowd, whether you’re gathering for a big game or just a good, old-fashion party. Enjoy!
Grilled Korean and Knob Creek® Rye Whiskey BBQ-Style Wings
Recipe by Celebrity Chef Michael Symon
Recipe Serves: 6
2 lbs. of Chicken Wings
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
¼ Cup Thinly Sliced Scallions
½ Bunch of Cilantro
- Place the chicken wings in a gallon-sized bag and pour in half of the Korean and Knob Creek Rye® Whiskey BBQ sauce.
- Reserve the other half of the Korean and Knob Creek Rye® Whiskey BBQ sauce for later use.
- Make sure all of the wings are coated, then refrigerate for up to 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Remove the wings from the marinade and pat them dry. Discard the marinade.
- Lightly season the wings with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle the wings with a little bit of olive oil then place them on the grill.
- Cook until nicely grill marked and cooked though, about 25-30 minutes.
- Throughout the last 10 minutes of the cooking process, brush the wings with the reserved Korean and Knob Creek Rye® Whiskey BBQ sauce.
- Remove the wings from the grill and pour them on to a platter.
- Sprinkle with the sliced scallions and chopped cilantro.
- Serve any remaining Korean and Knob Creek Rye® Whiskey BBQ sauce on the side.
KOREAN AND KNOB CREEK® RYE WHISKEY BBQ SAUCE
¼ Cup Knob Creek® Rye Whiskey
2 Tablespoons Sambal
6 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Honey
3 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
4 Teaspoons Fresh Ginger
½ Cup Hoisin Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Set aside.