Warmer weather is here and salad season is upon us! If you’re interested in spicing up your salad, here’s a Sweet Maine Lobster, Dandelion and Apricot Salad, created by top NYC chef, Steve Lindner. Featuring unique and seasonal ingredients, this recipe is a light, delicious lunch great for entertaining!
Sweet Maine Lobster, Dandelion and Apricot Lobster Salad
Created by Steve Lindner, head chef of Zone Manhattan
- Lobster – 1.5 lb.
- Fava Beans – 1 lb.
- Fennel- 1 (Shave)
- Persian Cucumber – 1 cs. Round
- Fresh Apricot- 4 ea.
- Dandelion Greens
- Golden Beets – 2 ea.
- Green Beans – ½ lb.
- Radish – 1 bags (slice)
- Spring Baby Carrots- ½ lb.
- Poach 2 x 1 ¼ Lobster for 14 min
- Remove the meat and dice
- Clean dandelion greens well (very sandy)
- Slice Apricots into 8 pieces, shave fennel slice radish and cucumber round
- Remove Favas from their pod
- Cook and peel Fava Beans
- Roast whole and peel beets- dice and sprinkle with raspberry vinegar (balsamic)
- Blanch baby carrots for 2 min.
Apricot and Orange Vinaigrette – (note: Vin. to be in 1 oz. cups)
- 1/2 cup fresh apricot
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 white wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup EVO (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In Blender- puree apricots with zest from 1 orange and vinegar
- Season with salt and pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil is optional – Add slowly to taste
Add Dandelion leaves and vegetables in large bowl, add some dressing and mix. Add Lobster and serve!