Now that the warmer weather of Spring has arrived, it’s only fitting to have the cocktails to go with it. Here are a few from our friends at Maker’s Mark®. Enjoy!
2 parts Maker’s 46T Bourbon
1 part POM Wonderful® Pomegranate Juice
½ part honey
½ part fresh squeezed lemon juice
Garnish with pomegranate seeds
Add all ingredients to a shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Pour over ice into a rocks glass.
Tasting Notes: Delicious and tart, with a sweet pomegranate undertone and a hint of honey, this cocktail is a crowd pleaser.
Created by Dale DeGroff
2 parts Maker’s Mark® Bourbon
4 mint leaves
1 part simple syrup
Lemon wheel, for garnish
Sprig of Mint, for garnish
1. Muddle all ingredients except Maker’s Mark® Bourbon in a bar glass.
2. Add Maker’s Mark® Bourbon, and shake with ice. Strain into an ice filled rocks glass. Garnish with a sprig of mint and a lemon wheel.
Dale’s other variation is a Whiskey Peach Smash. Muddle 4 slices of fresh peach with the lemon, mint, and simple syrup. Add Maker’s Mark® Bourbon and shake with ice. Strain over ice filled rocks glass. Garnish with a fresh peach slice.
Tasting Notes: This classic sour drink is accented with an herbal touch of mint. This versatile cocktail pairs well with plenty of appetizers, especially spicy and fried foods
Recipe by Chef Lee Anne Wong
1 1/2 parts Maker’s Mark(r) Bourbon
1 tablespoon cranberry jam
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 drop vanilla extract
3 parts cranberry juice
Splash club soda
Fresh cranberries for garnish
1. Add the Maker’s Mark Bourbon, cranberry jam, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cranberry juice to a shaker.
2. Add ice and shake vigorously
3. Strain over ice and add a splash of soda and garnish with cranberries.