Healthy Hummus Wrap: Executive Chef Anthony Stewart
August is National Sandwich Month and to celebrate Pritikin Longevity Center’s Executive Chef Anthony Stewart, THE go-to healthy chef, put together simple, healthy and delicious sandwich suggestions and a few of his favorite Pritikin Sandwiches. Here’s one of our favorites:
Makes 4 Wraps
· 15 ounces of garbanzo beans, cooked and drained
· ¼ cup lemon juice (adjust according to taste)
· 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
· 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, leaves chopped
· ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
· 1 dash Tabasco
· 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
· ½ cup chopped celery
· 2 whole-wheat lavash breads or flat tortillas
1. Puree all ingredients except lavash breads in food processor.
2. If mixture is too thick, add 1 tablespoon water.
3. Cut each lavash bread in half. Divide the hummus equally
on each piece of bread and roll into a wrap.
*Chef’s Tip: For filling, healthy meal, simply add roasted
vegetables to the wrap! Peppers, onins, squash, zucchini, etc -
pair perfectly with Chef A’s Hummus.