Buffalo Filet on Grilled Risotto Cake
Buffalo Filet on Grilled Risotto Cake with Bleu Oyster Mushrooms
By Executive Chef John Kane, Kane’s Restaurant, Grass Valley, California
4 – (5 oz.) Buffalo Filet
TT Salt and Pepper
3 tbls. Olive Oil
1 cup Arborio Rice (Risotto)
5 cups Chicken Stock
1/4 cups diced White Onion
6 tbls. cold butter
1 pinch of Saffron Threads
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan
2 cups Bleu Oyster Mushrooms
1 cup *Apricot Sauce – See Recipe
1 cup Beef Demi (Glace De Kobe Boeuf) – See Recipe
2 cups Mixed baby Vegetables Blanched
Procedures for Risotto:
1. Melt 2 tbls. butter in sauce pan add diced onion over medium heat, cook until translucent.
2. Add Arborio rice (risotto), 1 cup chicken stock, saffron and cooked until liquid is absorbed, add 1 cup chicken stock and continue stirring until stock is absorbed.
3. Continue until all stock is used and risotto is al-dente.
4. Stir in 2 tbls. cold butter and Parmesan cheese.
5. Take off fire, cool on sheet pan and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Using 4 inch cake ring, divide risotto into 4 mini cakes and hold.
Procedure for Buffalo Filets:
In hot skillet – 2 tbls. olive oil, salt and pepper buffalo filets, place in skillet to sear. Finish cooking process in 375″(dm; oven for 8 minutes. Set aside in hot skillet add 1 tbls. olive oil and oyster mushroom, salt and pepper, sauté until just wilted 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
Procedure for Simple Syrup Recipe:
1/4 cup water, 1/4 sugar, put in small sauce pan heat until sugar I dissolved, set aside to cool. In blender place 3 peeled and seeded apricots. Add 1/4 cup simple syrup and blend. Strain through fine sieve. Place in squeeze bottle.
Procedure for Beef Demi (Glace De Kobe Boeuf):
In sauce pan add 1 cup glace de kobe boeuf to simmer, salt and pepper, stir in 2 T cold butter set aside. Sauté vegetable in 1 tbls. butter, salt and pepper. Set aside.
To Assemble: Heat risotto cakes in 375″(dm; oven for 5 minutes. Remove and place in center of plate. Top risotto with buffalo filet and sauce with beef demi around buffalo, alternate baby vegetable and sautéed oyster mushrooms. Drizzle apricot sauce around.