Alice’s Turkey Tetrazzini
For anyone that wants to enjoy turkey on Thanksgiving but doesn’t want to deal with the hassle of cooking a whole bird, here’s a recipe that just might fix the problem.
1 8 oz pkg linguine
7 Tablespoons butter, divided
1 small onion, diced
¼ cup flour
2 cup milk
¾ cup white wine
½ sliced mushrooms
1 chicken bouillon cube
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 cups shredded turkey
1 cup frozen peas
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
4 slices white bread
- Butter a 9×13 baking dish and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare linguine, drain, keep warm.
- Melt 4 Tablespoons butter in a saucepan, sauté onion and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour until blended and gradually stir in milk, bouillon, salt and pepper. Cook stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in turkey, peas and parmesan cheese
- Combine pasta and prepared turkey sauce and pour in a
- Make course breadcrumbs and moisten with 3 Tablespoons melted butter and top casserole.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until top is browned and casserole is bubbly.
Recipe courtesy Per Cazo Cellars